According to the American Society for Training and Development, 75% of executives say mentoring has been critical to their career development. The Girls in Tech Mentorship Program takes a three-tiered approach to create valuable interactions across demographics: building quality relationships, action-oriented conversations, and confidence-building.
- 75% of millennials consider mentoring critical to their success
- Leadership development – practice leadership skills as a mentor. Learn leadership skills from the best as a mentee.
- Empower underrepresented groups by giving them the support, encouragement and sponsorship they need to succeed and become great employees, managers, and future leaders
- Improve inclusion – be exposed to people of different roles, cultures, and backgrounds
About the Mentorship Program
Open to applicants in the Greater Toronto Area. The program will run for 12 weeks, and pairs are expected to connect weekly (via phone, with at least one in-person/virtual meeting per month). It is the responsibility of each mentor and mentee to coordinate meetings, and a member of the Girls in Tech Toronto Advisory Board will be available to provide support as needed.
Benefits of Becoming a Mentor
- Mentors were also 6 times more likely to be promoted than employees who didn’t mentor
- Build on your professional development
- Gain leadership experience
- Development of your personal leadership and coaching styles
- Learn new perspectives
- Give back and make an impact on other people’s lives
Benefits of Becoming a Mentee
- Gain practical advice, encouragement and support
- Learn from the experiences of others
- Become more empowered to make decisions
- Identify goals and establish a sense of direction
What to Expect
- Open to applicants in the Greater Toronto Area.
- Applications close on January 31st, 2021 at 12:00 PM
- We will be matching 25 mentors with 25 mentees
- This is a 1:1 mentorship program
- You will be notified prior to the program start date
- The program will last for 12 weeks – mentors and mentees are responsible for scheduling their weekly meetings
- Mentors and mentees will receive a workbook to help guide their sessions. However, mentors/mentees are not required to use it – if they identify other important topics or growth areas, they are welcome to structure their meetings based on their personal needs.
- The program starts on February 22nd, 2021
- The program ends on May 16th, 2021